Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home - Florida Style

Last entry to my blog was from the lake house in Swanton, MD.... and 4 inches of snow. We headed South on December 1st. Our first stop was in the Raleigh NC area to visit one of my Daughters, Cari, my two Grandkids Haylee and Nick, and my future Son-In-Law Jeff. We will see them all again pretty soon as the Wedding Bells are about to ring. And Jeff, there are a few things about your bride to be that I thought you should know.

When Cari was about 8 months old, I had her lying on her back on the bassinet as I changed her diaper. Well, I had things all cleaned up and was ready for a new diaper which was on a shelf under the top of the bassinet. In the two seconds it took me to look at, reach for, and get a diaper, Cari managed to PUSH herself right off the head end of the bassinet, and head first onto a tiled floor. Fortunately, she was mostly wedged between the wall and the end of the bassinet, so her fall was slowed considerably. But she did land on her head. The other thing you should know is that Cari NEVER crawled on all four - FORWARD. Instead, she preferred to crawl in REVERSE, and she was very good at it. I wonder if those two revelations are somehow connected? Hummmmm. In any case, exactly on her first birthday, she stood up and walked across the room (FORWARD thank God) as if she had been walking for a couple years!


Our next stop was "an overnight er" in Point South, SC pictured above. Pictured below... Spanish Moss anyone. We started seeing the moss here, through Georgia, and into Florida.


And here is where our trailer will spend the winter. Grand Lakes RV & Golf Resort in Orange Lake, Florida. This is the largest RV Park we have stayed in so far. Must be 100 acres. Very well manicured and maintained. RV sites are typically about 30 feet wide, these sites are easily 60 feet across. There are several large club houses with plenty of table for bingo or Texas Hold'em tournaments etc.. There are pool tables, ping pong tables, lounge areas and an activity schedule that fills each month should you care to indulge. The North end of the resort is on the shore of Orange Lake. There are boat slips and fishing pier but it must be the time of year - the lake level is low, hardly enough to float a boat. Perhaps some winter rains will fix that problem. And just like every other park we have spent time in, we have terrific neighbors - so far we've shared a meal with Joe and Lynn, and have met several others. Thanks George! He spent 4 hours with me trying to dial in our HD DirecTV dish.

We'll take a walk through and take some night pics of the decorations some of these folks have. I am sure ours will expand before too long.

We have been here about a week now and really haven't gotten around too much yet, but will. Our air card doesn't do a very good job out here so bear with me. I don't know if I can post this thing or not. I'll find out right now!







No comments:

Post a Comment