Thursday, April 1, 2010

Meet The Staffords....

Introducing "The Staffords".... l-r .... Nick, Haylee, Cariann, Pastor (who's name I have forgotten), Jeff, Mackensie, Ethan. How about this for a family! This was probably the nicest wedding I have ever been to. Informal, casual, relaxed - you pick the word, that's what it was. All I can say is that it was a Christian affair and if you want more specific than that, afraid I can't help. Cariann didn't stop smiling the whole day and is probably still smiling today. Perhaps it's just that I am her Dad, but she has the prettiest smile I have ever seen - perhaps it's Jeff that has put the glow in it. The Pastor obviously knows Jeff and Cari well as he made numerous mentions of how Jeff feels about Cari. He was using words like "gaa-gaa over her" and "head over heels for him".

After the "I do's", the whole family participated in "The Sands Ceremony". Each member had a small vessel of lightly colored sand. They took turns pouring their sand into a single larger vessel.

When done, the smaller ones were empty and the single larger one was full to the brim. I had never seen this ceremony and as they poured their sands, the Pastor beautifully told the story of the sands. I will leave the symbolism to your imagination and would bet that it is very accurate. Simply beautiful.


The blog site limits pictures to five so I will end it with the traditional cutting of the cake. By the way, the cake was made by my youngest daughter, Sandra or "Sammy" as only I am allowed to call her. The bride and groom atop the cake were made of "leggos" by Ethan who has quite a collection of leggos.

I wanted to include a picture of a leggo recreation of a Starbucks Coffee Shop that Ethan did - Cari is addicted to Starbucks coffee. Hummmm... maybe that is another reason for the smile.
So to wrap this rather brief accounting of the wedding up, it was great meeting the Stafford clan and Jeff, Mackensie and Ethan... Welcome to the "Sacchetti" family!





No comments:

Post a Comment