Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Favorite Niece & Brocolli Rabe

Just when I thought I had eaten my entire stash of Brocolli Rabe, my wonderful wife produced another package (as I found out later) from the deep recesses of our freezer. Lynn... my all time, bar none, favorite Niece, while dropping her Daughter off at summer camp less than 2 months ago, brought me what should have been a 6 month supply. When I opened our picnic lunch at the Permaquid Lighthouse Park and saw that Kaiser Roll piled high with the Rabe, I could have sworn I had died and gone to Heaven......


Brocolli Rabe (rob) is a very bitter leafy green Italian vegetable. Most commonly it is blanched in salted water to relieve some of the bitterness, and then sauteed in EVO, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.

The Permaquid Lighthouse Park is in New Harbor, Maine, at the point of one of those hundreds of points of land in the mid coastal region - I'll describe it later. THIS blog is strictly about my most "favoritest" Niece and Brocolli Rabe!

1 comment:

  1. I think you've run through about 12 containers: two in Maryland, four we brought to Maine and six more we shipped!!! Glad you enjoyed it. When you head south for the winter maybe we can arrange an enroute BR hand-off :-)

    ReplyDelete