Friday, July 30, 2010

The Schoodic Penninsula

The picture below has nothing to do with this post.  It is here for the web address needed to insert the picture into another post - but that's a whole other deal so forget about it!  Pretty isn't it?  Actually it does have a bearing on this post - it is an "extension" for our Sprint Air card.  The air card is plugged into the USB extension cable and is atop the mast inside a plastic storage bag. The extra 10' elevation did the trick.  We are parked at the bottom of a slope down to Frenchman's bay - the RV park rises from water's edge up perhaps 50' to Hwy 3.  Before concocting this "aerial", trying to do anything on the Internet was near impossible.  Now we have reasonable Internet service... and away I go!
We returned to The Schoodic Peninsula for another picnic.  I described the peninsula in a previous post so I won't go there here.  I love the English language - love to slaughter it as I do and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it!  On the far shore is what looks like a white house - not The White House, just a white house. 
Well actually, now that I see the picture in the post, I can hardly see the stupid house at all.  I don't know how many times I have apologized for my very poor visuals.  Come to think of it..now that we have decent band with  to work with, maybe I can increase the quality on the camera.
If you're been to Maine, seen many coastal pictures, or have heard those that have, you'll know that much of the coast line is cliffy (I also like to make word up.. works for me!).  Here on the Schoodic Peninsula there's a six mile loop road much of which is lower elevation. 
Becky caught me sticking my toes in the water.. down there by that tallest boulder of granite.  Just after snapping that picture, a wave, funneled onto shore drenched me.  Felt pretty damn good - it was a sweltering 85 degrees that day.

We've been in Maine for 3 months already and are beginning to make plans to depart around the middle of October.  Going to the South and West to meet up with some friends of ours that are RV'ing their way down to Dallas from Montana.  From there we plan to RVathan to the left coast and up through Oregon and Washington.  I am sure we will discuss headed up the Alaskan Highway next Spring / Summer.   In any case... later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi John & Becky,
    Looks like you are still enjoying Maine and the lobsters. I saw where you replied to a post on rv.net when someone asked about where to "settle" and you suggested Maine. I considered replying to not pay any attention to your comment unless she liked lobster...since that's probably the main reason you like that area so much! Ha Ha
    We will soon be heading back to Florida for winter (in TN now visiting family and friends). I've got Maine on my itinerary for next year...I'm craving a lobster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh... sorry, I missed your comment - I get very few - folks tell me that they can't get comments to post?

    Anyways, good hearing from ya - still enjoying the nomadic life I take it? We will be taking a swing southward and then out to the San Diego area (a few lengthy stops along the way)for the winter and then up the left coast next spring, summer. Where from there?

    In any case, have fun - haven't seen any posts from you on RV.net lately.

    ReplyDelete