Thursday, October 15, 2009

Headed South.....

Yesterday we "overnighted" in Oakham, MA. Oakham is about 30 miles North of the Mass. Turnpike.... so LOLA, our navigation system must have figured our route from NH something like this.....

If I route them down I-93 to I-90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike) and then North on Rt 67, they will have to backtrack back up North 30 miles..... So instead of that I will route them directly South into Oakham from the North. Sounds good when you say it fast but I have to tell ya... we hit every little town... every residential street... every (near) alley between NH and Oakham, MA. What a route! Anyway, we made it.

Today we drove from Oakham, MA to Troy, NY. We will be here for two days visiting with our #2 Daughter who lives nearby. Just across the MA state line in Pittsfield which is my hometown The campground, and the site we are parked in, is right along side the Mohawk River. Beautiful park but due to freezing temperatures, they will be closing on Sunday so we will have to move on. We wanted to stay a week or two but there are no parks within 100 miles that remain open.

That's about it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment