Friday, October 23, 2009

A Vacation At Home...

I really don't know what else to call this week in an RV Park in Central PA - it reminds me of an ordinary "Vacation At Home" week. Becky and I haven't been out and about a whole lot, just catching up on some maintenance issues, laundry, house...errr trailer cleaning, and walking through this incredibly beautiful park. The whole park looks just like the picture. What was interesting was backing the trailer into a space that was more narrow than the width of the trailer with the slides out. When I saw the site my heart lept, thinking to myself (or maybe I said it out loud)... sure, if this was a 22 foot travel trailer, no problemo. The site itself is generous in width, but the sweet spot, where the trailer had to go was very narrow. In the picture above, that one tree that looks like it is growing right out of the top of the RV is actually butted up against the left side of the trailer and the living room slide extends beyond it. There was no room to move the trailer to the right because of the sewer connection which is in the shadows. I couldn't back in any further because when the slide out was extended, it would be crushed by the tree. So the front of the trailer is dangerously close to the roadway.

By the way... this was the first time that Becky and I backed in without help from anyone. And I must say, we did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment